We know that you have put your confidence in us. Therefore we see it as our duty to protect your privacy.
World Children's Fund is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to helping children worldwide who are suffering the effects of poverty, disease, natural disaster, famine, abuse, civil strife and war. Through the generosity of our partners and donors, we are making a difference. Together, we are changing the lives of the world's impoverished and suffering children. We are a registered charity (charity number 1079124) and a company Limited by Guarantee (company number 3778493). Our registered office is at 34 High Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1 EA.
Collecting your data
We may collect your data in the following ways:
- When you make a donation to our charity in response to a fundraising appeal;
- By making a donation through our website via our third-party CAF online payments system and give your permission for your information to be shared with us.
Recording and processing your data
We need your personal data to process and manage the donations you make. The data that we record about you includes:
- your name, address, city/town of residence
- your gender (if you entered your gender)
- your telephone number (if granted permission)
- your bank details
- your tax status (Solely to process Gift Aid)
- your email address (if granted permission)
Using your data
World Children’s Fund uses your data to keep you updated on our projects and programmes. In doing so, we try to consider your personal preferences as much as possible.
Taking care of your personal data is very important to us; World Children’s Fund complies with the rules laid out in the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Sharing your data
We may share your information with partners or service providers to enable them to provide services on our behalf (for example to process donations and send you fundraising appeals). These partners will only act in accordance with our instructions and will not use your information for any other purpose.
World Children’s Fund has signed agreements with its partners and service providers ensuring the safety of your data according to the guidelines set by the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).
Protecting your data
To protect the data we process, we make use of appropriate organisational, technical and physical security of our systems in which your data is stored. Your data is only accessible to authorised personnel.
As we are an international organisation, your details may reside in a database outside of the UK. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Accessing or editing your data or unsubscribing
You have the right under the Subject Access Request to obtain copies of the information we hold on you at any time. This request must be submitted in writing, and must include your name, address and a copy of a valid ID. We will then send you the information you have requested.
Please let us know if you wish to edit your data or unsubscribe from our mailing list, (see Contact Information).
Your personal data rights
- You have the right to access or edit your data, or to unsubscribe.
- You have the right to object. This means that you may object to the use of your data by World Children’s Fund for charitable purposes.
If you have a complaint about the World Children’s Fund use of your personal data, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) .
Data storage period
We store your data as long as we deem it necessary and in-line with current legislations and industry guidelines. This is so that we can provide the services and information you have requested, to administer your relationship with us, to ensure we don’t communicate with you if you have asked us not to and to be legally compliant.
Some data is stored to meet our responsibilities to financial regulations.
You can reach us in the following ways:
- By letter to World Children’s Fund, 34 High Street, Bromley, Kent BR1 1 EA.
- Or call us on 020 8464 4602
We use the following cookies:
- Functional cookies to enable the website to function properly
- Analytical cookies to monitor website traffic